Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pretty Baby

I know, I know but I just can't contain my love for her!!! I had some friends visiting from Utah a couple of weeks ago and so I had the use of a camera. One gorgeous evening, while we were walking through Central Park, we found the prettiest place with a little pond and a bridge all glistening in the setting sun.


Here are the pics.

Zoe is now 9months old. Her hair hasn't quite reached it's birth length again, but she's probably easily doubled her birth weight (8.2lbs) by now. We visit the doctor next month. She's still sticking to her creeping around, no knees just elbows. She's moving quicker though and now will follow us from room to room. It's incredible. She's gotten used to her nighttime routine, bedding down at 6:30pm and even if she hasn't fallen asleep before I leave her most evenings she won't cry in protest. Such a triumph!! She regularly creeps around at the playground while i intercept acorns and leaves from going into her mouth. I don't want to dicourage her from feeling things with her hands so I will let her touch and hold them all the while telling her, "no mouth Zoe". Sometimes I think she understands me, though not quite able to obey! She recognizes her name, which is most sweet, and will usually smile when I include it in my little sing-songs and chants. She still enjoys Desi but definately lets it be known when he crosses the line and she wants him out of her face. I know I've written here before, this girl can be fierce!

No comments: