Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Le Petit Academy

We held our second co-op preschool class today. It was all perfectly timed: it was our turn and I happened to have the day off due to a UN observed holiday (Ramadan)! Nate will be teaching from here on out. We're basing our lessons around the alphabet and today was the letter "B' and also number "2".

We colored pictures with letter "B" objects. We also played a matching game trying to find "2" of each picture out of many in a large pile. We had wiggle time and many beverage refills. At the end, we made Halloween bbbats with our hands (thanks Heidi for the idea!). After the boys hands had been traced, I busied myself with the cutting and tried to go quickly till I realized they were each happy doing their own things: Des was most content coloring on the floor and Ian and Ayden had each found a book and sat themselves down on the couch completely absorbed. I couldn't believe it! There was a complete studious silence for 30-seconds or more (before I tried to raise an enthusiastic round of the Alphabet Song!) 3 boys!! So quiet and diligent!! I had envisioned things a bit more, er, crazy!


These boys are sooooo great!! It was so much fun! Ayden Fugal is the oldest (turned 3 in Sept) and he instructed me on how to spell his name (!) and Ian Todd was most pleased with himself when he decided to color his bbbball with bbblue and Des Jones was so pleased to have his friends with him that he was frequently playing good host and asking them if they needed any more refills for their bbbeverages. ;)

No comments: