Monday, October 16, 2006

Desmond's Weekend with Auntie Heidi III

Desmond P. Jones loves his auntie Heidi it looks like from the below account a lot may have to do with her apartment (!) or the fact that she spoils him everytime he takes a solo trip to spend a weekend with her in Connecticut. This was their 3rd CT weekend together. Heidi sent me an email account of their adventures together:

Urgh- another missed opportunity. I accidentally left the camera I borrowed from Chris, with Heather so I had to turn to the ol' camera phone. I was still able to catch some fun moments although I didn't have my bright idea until the day was half over. :(

We had a great time- I picked Des up from the city around 8:30 on Saturday morning and he was half out the door before I could walk in. Very excited to come to Connecticut to my apartment. The trip up to CT was full of laughter as usual. A lot of cute funny things came out of his mouth. It started at the elevator in NY when I went to kiss him. He had a grossed out look on his face and he said "Heidi have coffee" I giggled and said yes, can you smell it. He said "Yes, it's yucky and not for little boys. Little boys only drink milk and juice not coffee" ha ha Soon after that I popped in some gum to avoid grossing him out any further. lol :) Once we got into the car, we started talking about all the fun things he did last time he came to CT. He'd obviously had been thinking of it for awhile. He remembered EVERYTHING!! :) I told him he was a "Keeper" and he asked, "what is keeper?" I told him that it means I hope we are friends for a long long time. He then informed me that we couldn't be friends cause I was a girl and that he can only be friends with "boys and big guys". lol :) So who knows where that leaves us girls. He was very talkative 15 minutes into the trip and then silence. Every question I asked was ignored until suddenly he warned me that he was going to throw up- I quickly pulled off the road and found a bag and got it to him just in time. We cleaned up what missed the bag and I realized it was the same spot I pulled over last trip up to CT. At least he is consistent. :)

Some time passed and I told him about the haircut appointment I'd made for him at a salon for kids. He was not excited about it in the least. "I don't need a haircut", "I don't like haircuts", "No haircut- go to Heidi's apartment" In fact, all he seemed to want to do is go back to the apartment but I promised him a "creature guy" if he was good during the haircut. That worked. He was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good during the entire cut. He sat in a jeep and watched "Dora the Explorer" even when she got out the razor and the blow-dryer he remained still. So good- I was proud of him! He walked out with a new do, balloon, and lolly pop. I have a feeling the next cut will be a little easier to talk him into. :)

Off to Target we went to find a creature guy- he specifically wanted an "angry guy". Not sure why he is so fascinated with angry guys- it must be a boy thing. :) We found one that he was quickly drawn too and we were on our way. I suggested we buy something for baby Zoe, which he quickly got excited about. He went straight to the pink isle and found a stuffed frog and hugged it saying, "it's cozy- this will be good for baby zoes"..."and it's little". :) (So Heather, that's the explanation for the random frog in your target bags) :)

During our whole shopping trip all Desi wanted to do was go back to my apartment. What is it with that place that sucks you in and you never want to leave???? ha ha :) It was such a nice day, I wanted to take advantage of it but des was persistent with his request. I managed to keep him out longer by going to McDonalds and eating inside. But even then he wanted to take the food back to my apartment. Strange huh?

So finally- I was the good Jeannie and granted his wish. He inspected each room one at a time and then went straight for the toys I keep under a chair in a box- we played for a little while and then he wanted to watch the movie he picked out at Target "POWER RANGERS"- well ... he wanted angry guys and boy was that movie angry. He was glued to it for the first 5-10 minutes before I realized how violent those guys are. I shut it off quickly, knowing that if Heather saw this she would be cringing, telling Des that it was a very short movie and we would have to find something on T.V.

A few hours later he had enough and wanted to go to a playground- Bad me- I hadn't done my homework so I wasn't sure where a park was located in my area. So we went for a walk to find one. He stopped to smell each patch of flowers and took it all in. I was amazed how much he noticed and appreciated. He would go to every flower sit down on the ground and stick his nose in each bushel. So sweet. We came across the court house where they have recently added a few statues. That was all the playground he needed. He was so surprisingly happy with just this small area. He climbed on the benches, balanced along the wall, came nose to nose with the statue (See Pictures)- we spent about 30 minutes there before it got too cold and back home we went.

We got home and started making Halloween Decorations. Desi painted a paper plate with all fall colors and we made a pumpkin mask with a paper plate, a wall hanging, a few lolly pop ghosts, a spider wind sock, and the funniest part we made hand print spiders with googly eyes, and ghosts out of his footprints. Applying the white paint to the bottom of his feet was hysterical- we were both giggling so hard and then trying to get him to stand up on the paper with one foot painted was so funny. After a few tries and a lot of laughs we just applied the paper to his foot instead of his foot to the paper. :) ha ha They all ended up really cute and he was very proud of all his work. After that we ordered pizza "AND ROOT BEER" (which I almost forgot), and got ready for bed. It was such a FUN day!


globalgirl246's AOL Pictures Public Gallery.

No comments: