Saturday, March 25, 2006

Desi Candor

I thought in the absence of pics, due to the continued absence of my camera, that I'd leave little snapshots of phrases, etc. Desmond has been saying over the last few days. :)



“Frank be so happy ‘bout me picking those stickers up.” After picking up stickers he’d thrown down just outside the elevator on our floor. Frank's the super.

“I’m happy about babyZoe.” (while cuddling on the bed one morning with babyZoe)

I thought Desi had a fever one morning and told Nate. Nate then asked Des if he was sick and Des responded, “no, I’m a bless you guy”. I suppose he was thinking about sneezing.


“I had a nice sleep.” When waking one morning.

“I want to watch. Mommy come with me.”

“Mommy, I love you so much.” 3-23-06 I have to date this as it was the first time he said “so much”.

“Mommy, I need a wrestling move.”

“I’m farting.” Accompanied by a big smile and Nate’s proud-daddy laughter (!)

“No, I’m too little.” After being asked to put away his toys.

"I make mistake." He said this after dumping his legos all over the floor one morning. Mornings tend to be the times he trys out his new words and phrases.

I asked Des if he wanted to come help give Zoe a bath, which he loves to do. But this time he replied bluntly, "Nope. Sorry mom." A moment later I found him with his hand richly engaged in the butter dish.

"Love you girl mom"

“Elephant has whiskers!” In the bath playing with his elephant. I told him they were tusks. But after trying the word 'tusks' out for a bit and finding it difficult to say he insisted. "No, whiskers."

After taking the garbage to the shoot Desi said, "You wore Dadda's shoes. Supposed to wear Mamma's shoes." He then pulls out my shoes puts them on and demonstrates saying, "walk, walk, walk, walk..."

“You’re my mamma. This my Dadda. This is babyZoe’s Dadda too.” During another morning cuddle. I love this statement as it was the first he’d articulated with words just how much he’d welcomed/accepted babyZoe into our family and understood her connection to us. He’s never once questioned her presence or asked us to "bring her back". He’s claimed her and loved her right from the start. Somehow I knew he would. He’s so open-hearted, most of the time. ;)

No comments: