Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Organically Growing II



Another revisit with Zoe DK Jones. One of my favorite pics of Desmond P Jones (which Heidi took) features him at about 1 week old in these fun clothes brought fresh from Berkeley, CA from Auntie Hailey. I love the look on his face and still think it, above all other photos, captures his adorable developing self. It's been on our fridge since. It was taken in the early days before our digital camera so I've taken a picture of it. Zoe is 6 weeks old in this pic.

In other news, Zoe seems to be easing (already at 6weeks) into a night time pattern which, I have to say, benefits Nathan and especially me greatly -- she's sleeping through the night!! 5 nights and counting where she'll generally go down between 8-9pm, sometimes later, and won't wake again till a quarter to 5am!! I have definitely had more bounce in my parenting due to uninterrupted zzzzz's.

Zoe also continues to verbalize in the most heart warming way. This morning Des was awake at a very early hour and began with his, "I want to cuddle" morning mantra which awoke Zoe and she shortly began with her oooooing and coooooing in response. I suppose she took it upon herself to answer him as Nathan&I were desperately trying to cling to our unconscious state. It was so sweet to hear them -- he'd say something meant for us and she'd answer and he'd laugh in delight, "babyZoe making cute noises!"

click here for a series of pics

No comments: