Sunday, November 19, 2006

Zoe turns 10months!!!

My BIG infant!! It’s a bit hard for me to see the time add up!! She has pleased me so much with her babyhood. :) The latest cherished moment(s) have been her participatory response to my cuddling ques: pressing her head down on my shoulder when I hold her and mumbling soothing noises, holding her hand when we're on the train, cuddling on the bed, snuggling whenever we're in the mood, happy lunges into each others arms. I thought babies came cuddly, so I was a bit taken aback when Des just wasn't into it most of the time. So with Zoe, I thought I must take matters into my own hands and train her. She's a good student and Des, seeing our tender moments has slowed his pace down more often to join us... though it quickly turns into tackles and "human siccors!" Boys.

Zoe insists on drinking from a cup after she sees me do it – she acts like she’s dying of thirst till I give her a cup with a small amount of water in it. She does pretty well.

She's started exhibiting this little cheesy smile now – the kind that makes me think of a oft heard story my Dad would tell about me, as a crawling, climbing babe smiling this cheesy smile when I reached the top of the stairs – uplifted chin, high in the air, and a grin so proud. Zoe has that!! I’ve seen pictures of myself, so I know! Can’t wait for you to see it Dad.

I think her hair is now longer than it was when she was born (the dark locks fell out and came back lighter). Her neck is making an appearance. She sometimes looks so content and regal when she’s sitting by herself with her neck extended and her back straight.

Today, while I was holding her, she leaned into me and, with her mouth open, gently placed it on my cheek. She hesitated for a moment then pulled away. A tentative kiss!! Later, while I was talking with a friend, Zoe took interest in her little boy, Benjamin 3-months younger, and at one point leaned in and planted one right on his mouth! Ha!! She’s such a DesJones!!

No comments: