Tuesday, November 14, 2006



A Potpourri of Updates
Zoe's talking!! When it's time for bed and we do our traditional good night kiss and hug with Desmond she suddenly began saying, "nigh nigh, nigh nigh, nigh nigh". When she and I went into the bedroom together to nurse&cuddle to sleep, she repeated her words, getting excited, "nigh nigh! nigh nigh! nigh nigh!"So cute!!

There has been increased mischief over the past few weeks as Des has amplified his level of curiosity and independence. He's interested in pouring his own beverages now, so when we happen to be occupied it can make quite a mess when he takes things into his own hands. I had a friend over the other night and we were having an emotional conversation and Des decided to take a beverage break and help himself to some grape juice. Things were going well, I suppose, till the juice pitcher fell off the table (splattering the wall) and cracked. Eventually all the juice oozed out over the kitchen floor.

Des has renewed his interest in coloring/drawing. On a recent night, I was enjoying his company so much that I let him stay up later than usual. He wanted to color, so we sat down on the floor together. After awhile, I left the room for a few moments and when I returned I found him asleep. When I picked him up to move him I noticed a big drool puddle - just like me!

"Laalaa... I made this song by myself -- its my own music!" One of Desi's latest rock-n-roll lyrics. All songs that Des sings seem to meet with the "I hope they call me on a mission" tune.

Des calls the computer the "cute picture", which is similar in sound (sort of) and hints at the many photos he's been viewing from the computer screen. It has certainly replaced the album so far in this household.

Zoe has begun cruising around the furniture, the cupboards, our legs. She's very strong and when she protests anything, she'll kick her legs and arch her back and we've got to hold on tight! She's also figured out the best way to handle undesirable food items -- drop them overboard onto the floor!

Des has been attending preschool for 4 weeks now (It's once a week, on Tuesdays). He looks forward to it but when it comes to reportage he has so far been unwilling to detail anything to me. Ugh! I want to hear all about it! So, I've been calling my friends, whoever happened to teach that week, for information fearing that perhaps he'd been a distraction. I've been told he's fine and participatory. I suppose he's just not ready to talk about it yet with me.

For more snapshots of us click here

No comments: