Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Desi Candor VIII

“I’m a surpriser! I’m a package guy!” As he was marching around pretending to be a mail carrier.

While drumming on a makeshift “boomboomdrum” Des closed his eyes and said pensively, “Yeah… yeah… feel good!”

I’m not a baby anymore. I turned into Desmond Jones.

I like cowboys they’re savers! Then we talked about other savers: firefighters, Jesus, teachers, mom&dad…” Des chimed in “Police officers!”

“A Zoe rolled ear tortilla!” After folding her ear over.

As Des was marching through the kitchen he tripped and fell and said, “I just wander off – I was in the woods. I just pretend I wandered off.”

In the bathtub with Zoe, Des began pouring water over Zoe’s head and said, “I’m growing a plant. Grow grow grow grow!”

On a recent night I prepared an ambitious dinner with a lot of unusual ingredients – I look forward to these moments to challenge Des and his palate. When I placed the Thai Salad down in front of him, Des immediately reached into his bowl and pulled out a piece of tofu with peanut sauce clinging to it and said, “I don’t believe this! This is a yucky dinner!” (He did eat it!) I looked over later to see him, with his eyes dreamily closed, feeding on a big leafy green. Ha!

No comments: