Sunday, February 05, 2006

Zoe's Blessing Day

Special day for Zoe D.K. Jones.

Earlier this week, Grampy shipped by next day from southern Utah the lace blessing dress that was worn by all the Simkins girls (Heather, Holly, Heidi & Hailey). Thrilled that Zoe could continue where we all left off and three cheers for mymom who kept the dress preserved all these years!!

It was my first Sunday back to church since Zoe's birth which means it was Zoe's first day at church!! I very nearly didn't make it -- getting ready to go was a lot more work than I anticipated it would be (4 women, 1 bathroom, 2 babies and a lot of peripheral stuff!!)

Ini came from Philadelphia and Heidi from CT and, of course, Grammy's here (ahhhh...) we walked to church and arrived on time for a semi-decent seat. DesJones was hard to contain!! He's a maniac. Allegiances certainly shift when Des becomes his crazyboyself while peaceful Zoe complies with everything -- realizing this sends my hormones into a tailspin -- what's happening? Why can't I handle it anymore? Or, rather, for now...

Nate came down from the stand and scooped up his little girl and brought her to the circle and bestowed a very touching blessing. Ahhh... It's in times like these I find that I am extraextra grateful for the Preisthood and power of it in my life and that my children will have it in theirs as well. The preisthood to me represents the power of God and its a power, a love, that I am completely dependant on!!!!

No comments: