Friday, March 21, 2008

Desi Candor

“Do you know how to speak New York?” Des asked of his new Russian friend, Ellionna.

Nate and I were talking about the likelihood of the school admitting Des as a non-Russian speaker and DPJ interrupted with a hopeful, “I can speak Russian. . . Kapish? Kapish? Kapish?!” but Nate informed him that ‘Kapish’ was Italian.

“It’s cold like Russia out here! It’s cold like Russia out here!”
Des began to shout this several times after we first stepped outside the Moscow airport.

Why did I have to go to Russia anyway? Why didn’t you leave me with a babysitter?

“How do you say Spiderman in Russian?”
Desi asked this of a little girl, Ellionna, who was also staying at the ‘hotel’ with her family here in Podsosnovo.

Why don’t they know about Spiderman here?

You know what’s cute mom&dad? Zoe hugging me!


After planting a big kiss on my cheek Des said, “Delicious kiss!”

Don’t scatter your stuff around. I don’t want my bed all girly, I want it all boyly.

“I wish I was a girl like Zoe.”
Des said appreciatively after watching and laughing at her dancing and being silly. [He said this not an hour after saying the above ‘girly’ remark to her! Ha!]

Zoe and I were singing songs early one morning after she joined me in bed. Des was still out on the couch bed snoozing and after consecutive rounds of “Jesus Said Love Everyone”, Des stirred in the other room and muttered, “That heart song makes my head struggle – you need a new song.”

Mom’s more funnier that Dad, he’s more serious.


This morning Nikolai climbed down into the pit he has under the floor boards in the living room and brought up a huge jar of raspberry preserves. The babes and I were in complete ecstasies shortly thereafter, slathering it on bread. I declared, “Oh my heart! I LOVE good food!” Des followed up with, “I think we’re in heaven – in Jesus’ land!” and Zoe sweetly summarized, “Heaven.”

Zoe: Moo moo!
Des: Zoe, you’re not a cow!
Zoe: Cow! Moooomooo. . .
Des: You’re not a cow, you’re a lovely baby, a lovely Zoe!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

So, I'm going to comment on every single posting just because I want you to know that you & the fam are LOVED! Have a happy day. :)

oh, Porty wanted a good looksie at Des. I was going to change to another posting and he said, "nononononono waaaaaait." about three times. He also wanted to know who was in the cape. It wasn't des, nor zoes.

Leila J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leila J said...

http://i31.tinypic.com/bfge9k.jpg

Jessica said...

yay for a classic Jones family candor post!

I LOVED Desi's "cold like Russia" comments and of course the comment about the babysitter. That kid is hilarious.

Kapish?

missing you...

Jones Family said...

tash
we're feeling your love. thanks friend! we spend fair amounts of time on your blog and i've started saving the webpage so des&zoe can just scroll and linger as long as they like. we miss you all!!

leilaluv
thanks for your artistic loving renderings! hehehe!

jessica
can't wait to hear what littlenoah verbally churns out with such a smartmouth father like john (i say this most lovingly and appreciatively). wish we could have hung out more as adults, you know? how are you doing with john’s extended bishopric services? i bet you thought it was all over when we left. . . email me!