Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Family Time - Cookies!

Sunday. Something was different about this Sunday.

Nathan came back around 6pm and we joined forces for a large Broccoli Rabe dinner, new recipe, and then N8 and Des decided they wanted to make cookies. Nathan has *never* had the inclination to make cookies himself -- he has inclinations occasionally on my behalf though. So they got to work but it became clear that they really needed some help and soon I was interpreting the recipe for them (Eryn, we're still making your cookies!) Then before long Zoe pulled up a chair and I realized that the 4 of us were all side-by-side, totally engaged in this yummy project and I was smilingsmilingsmiling and feeling joyjoyjoy!! Des&I have cooked together frequently but to have Nathan&Zoe there working with us was so cool!!

Most of you know our crazy schedule, it's either NPJ with the babes or me. Having the four of us together, at one time, engaged in stuff, happens infrequently. So moments like these are priceless. So simple, so mundane but totally blissful.






5 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

That's one of those moments that makes life worth living! And even ends with a yummy treat. :)

M said...

Ah, sounds so wonderful. I just love it when our whole family ends up in the kitchen on some cooking project, since it's as rare in our house and it seems to be in yours. Cookies, though, just seem to bring everyone together. Plus, seeing your pic of them has got my tummy rumbling. I think have to go bake now...

Eryn said...

This is funny, I popped on your blog, of course read your entry about the cookies, saw my name so I clicked on it and low and behold it was linked to my secret blog "second day cafe" that no body knows about. Well I guess I better get my recipes posted and the website up and running. I've just been taking pictures of things I cook and well now you've given me motivation to get on top of it =)

andrea gale said...

I take this as more evidence that food really is love. Dr. Phil is so wrong.

Ellen said...

I love how you describe those moments. I feel those things too - wish I could write them as beautifully.