Thursday, October 04, 2007

Desi Candor

Zoe? Do you like the beverage I made for you? Zoe? Do you love it? Can I give you a hug? (No response from her) Zoe? Can I give you a kiss? Argh! You gave me a slap?! Argh! Are you gonna throw eggs at my face too?!

I’m drawing a letter for Thomas to remind him that I love him.

It’s the season of Falling.

I’m mad cause I didn’t get any sleep – daddy was snoring louder.

Zoe dances like a bus.

I’m the Prophet, follow me Zo!

Me: I wonder what time it is?
Des: I think it’s time to go outside and get me a toy.

Will dad still be here when I grow up like another dad and my sons come?

Mom! I was in like a girl dream!
(He was frightened!)

When I was a baby I wanted my name to be The Marshmallow Kid.

I’m stuck here, I can’t move – like a wall or a ceiling!

What a beautiful juice (then he took a long swig and sighed deeply)

Mom, can you make some North Pole Salad?

I want Zoe to ride in the Ogre (he meant Ergo)

That’s an important box mom. It has important papers in it that says: Go to Mars.

I’m making something special for Heidi. I miss her. It makes me sad when Heidi’s not around. It’s not fun when Heidi’s not around.

I’ll go inside and cheer her up (Zoe had just woken from her nap and was crying)

Zoe was relentlessly trying to eat all of Desi’s cereal when he finally snapped, “No more naughty babe!”

I love her cute little arm.

I poked her madly.

When I’m big I’ll walk around town.

Mom? I want more fun-ness.

Can you help me eat this so I can be strong and beautiful?

I’m refreshing!


Me: You’re cute.
Des: Thanks! Thanks for noticing that I’m cute!

You’re fun Zo!

Des: I think Zo wants to be like me. Zo, do you want to be like me?
Zo: Nonononono!
Des: Zo don’t you want to be like me?
Zo: No! ME!
Des: She said, ‘No ME!’ She talks now! She didn’t when she was a baby.

You will be the bum leader, Zoe will be the teacher, and I'll be the consonants.

It smells like Heidi's place. Isn't it great to think of Heidi? And smelling her apartment?

My boyfriend likes ballerinas.

After telling Des that he was going to spend the weeked with Heidi he said, "I'm gonna scream and cry out of loveness and cheer!"

4 comments:

arly said...

I found you through May. Desi is quite articulate! I love to read the things kids say!

Patrick and Leigh said...

Hi Jones Family,

While nursing the baby, I often find myself blog hopping and hopped right onto your lovely space. Cute, cute babes! Glad to see you're well in NYC.

We have often thought about all the wonderful people we met in South Philly. We live down south now-our blog address is www.patandleigh.blogspot.com.

Leigh

andrea gale said...

This made me laugh my pants off....I love it!!! I especially liked the "loveness and cheer" bit....

M said...

Ah, we got the picture that Desi made for Thomas and the Spiderman stampt to boot! Thomas was very excited. He is making a picture for Desi now and misses him very much.