Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Apple Picking

Big excitement for Des and his preschool class -- they went applepicking! Took a bus to the country, boarded a hayride to the orchard, picked apples, had a picnic, and made it back to the city in time for his full preschool schedule. I dropped him off at the school early in the morning, which meant Zoe and I had till late afternoon before we had to be back. So the first thing on my mind was lets head downtown! We met Jessica and Noah for playtime in Union Square and a trip to Trader Joes!!! Fun times.

Des had some of his usual motion sickness on the way there but they were ready with a bag (!) He managed to eat apples non-stop while there in addition to his lunch. Once we met up he was still eating them and I swear he polished off another 5 before I convinced him he was going to get a stomach ache!

Outside the bus

On the bus with my friend Laura and her son Alex


The hayride!


Kids! Kids! Kids!


Des enjoying the scenery


Ahhh. . . a country lane in New York


Picking apples with buddy Devon

No comments: