Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tagged

This was quite a self-indulgent exercise but that’s what blogs are all about, eh?! Well, my family will probably think, "hooohhhuuummm where are the babe details?" Sorry. But I’d like to thank Jess for tagging me (a long time ago) for all these wee bitty me details.

(I know you did too Mara, I'll get to it, yours are harder!)


Jobs I have had:
1. Admin. Asst/Event Planner for the Hospitality Committee for United Nations Delegations, Inc. (current)
2. Commerce Marketing Coordinator for the Government of Dubai , UAE
3. Receptionist for Middlekauf Lincoln Mercury
4. Sales Representative for Nordstrom
5. Waitress for Golden Corral (that's where i first saw npj!)


Movies I can watch over and over:
1. Pretty in Pink
2. Children of Heaven
3. A Christmas Story
4. Star Wars Trilogy
5. Hannah and her Sisters
6. The Daytrippers
7. Long, rambling, gorgeous British-esque sagas


Books I can read over and over:
1. The Rainbow - D.H. Lawrence
2. Meatless Days - Sara Suleri
3. Gilead - Marilynne Robinson
4. A Rebels Silhouette - Faiz Ahmed Faiz
5. Book of Mormon


Places I have lived:
1. Cedar City, Ogden, No. Salt Lake, UT
2. Rostock, Germany
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. New York, NY
5. Siberia (impending!)
6. Kazakhstan (impending!)


Places I want to visit:
1. New England, US
2. Quebec City, QC
3. Istanbul, Turkey
4. Prague, CR
5. Budapest, Hungary
6. Samarkand, UZ
7. Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Iran!


Places I have visited:
1. Hawaii
2. Lotsa US
3. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Canada
4. Wales
5. Germany
6. Italy
7. Austria
8. Slovenia
9. Denmark
10. Finland
11. Lithuania
12. Latvia
13. Estonia
14. Russia
15. Dubai, UAE


TV shows I watch:
1. PBS everything (love Tues nights: Charlie Rose, Frontline, Wide Angle, P.O.V!)
2. Masterpiece Theatre
3. America's Next Top Model (!)
4. American Idol (!)
5. Slings and Arrows (via Blockbuster.com)
6. Star Trek Deep Space Nine (blockbuster again)


Foods I like:
1. Funky Cheese
2. Yummy Bread
3. Grapes
4. Broccoli Rabe (broccoli rabe Saturday nights!)
5. Greek Yogurt with Honey
6. Dark Chocolate
7. Korean BBQ (wrapped in lettuce!)
8. Beans
9. Salmon with a side of jasmine rice, fresh sliced kiwi, and mesclin salad w/oil&vinegar. YUM!
10. Sweet Plantains
11. Rice Pudding with Pistachios


I'd rather be:
1. Sitting in a hard old chair in the reading room of the Humanities and Social Sciences Library surrounded by big beautiful books
2. Browsing through Dean & DeLuca or the Gourmet Garage
3. Lounging in my mother's garden
4. Hanging out in an old book store
5. Walking in the park with Desmond&Zoe
6. Eating at Prune
7. Watching a little film or play in some obscure theatre in NYC
8. Riding a horse
9. Playing tackle on my bed with Desmond&Zoe
10. Cuddling on the couch with Nathan while listening to Gershwin or my fav Verdi opera
11. Enjoying the Manhattan skyline from my dreamy 3-bedroom apartment (as if!)
12. Learning Arabic


Websites I visit daily:
1. my email
2. UN email and news
3. friends blogs
4. nytimes.com
5. craigslist.com
6. newyorker.com
7. amazon.com
8. nypl.org
9. imdb.com
10. youtube.com
11. wikipedia.com

1 comment:

LeolaniNYC said...

i'll dream of that 3 bedroom apartment with the view for you as well.