Sunday, May 13, 2007

On Mothers Day

Today started with laughter at about 3am when I found, upon entering the bathroom, that Nathan had untied my old shower curtain and hung a new, rather goofy, matronly aquatic one in its place.

For the "card" he and the babes had painted shower caps, which he then taped onto the shower curtain, there were 3 spelling out: Happy Mothers Day. I have no idea what his source of inspiration was but when I returned to the bed and leaned in to see if he was awake, which he was, we shared a very good laugh. Priceless. I love nathanpjones!!! He helps me not take things so seriously. Saturday, while in the glorious thick of laundry and other domestic duties, I was astonished to receive a huge bouquet of flowers! Who would send me flowers (it surely wasn't npj, not his style)? I opened the card and couldn't have been more surprised to find a lovely little message of love from my sister HAILEY!! Glorygloryglory!!! Feeling the LOVE!!! Thank you mysister. Love having sisters -- among lifes richest blessings.


Another are my children. Unfortunately, Des has been extraordinarily difficult (in a way he usually isn't) today. An excess of whining and crying over little minor things. Trying to get out the door this a.m. for church nearly brought me to tears! The walk home from church was full of more tears and high pitched reiterations . . . and then the little mother's helper voice inside of me whispered: BENEDRYL. I usually only drug my children on long transcontinental flights . . . but the stinging irony of such lousy behaviour on such a day as this seemed to equalize with the prospect of drug enforced slumber (he clearly needed a nap). An appropriate dose was duly administered (he loves medicine, he enjoyed it) and now there is peace as I blog this entry. So what does this say about me and my motherhood? Practically speaking? Not sure, but I'm lovin' the sympathetic inner voice. Happy Mothers Day to me!

Here are some pics from more idyllic days:


Des and the ducks

Zoe and her apple


Anticipating bathtime


New cowboy boots


I love her!

No comments: