Friday, May 18, 2007

A Peopled Life

Feeling rich this week with thoughts of having so many good people oscillating around me and my little family. Coming and going but never quite gone. My parents will be here in a few days to spend some one-on-one time with D&Z. I hope it will be a grandparents dream come true. I know Nathan&I will enjoy a little roadtrip with friends and some quiet hotelroom time. I hope to have a least *one* luxurious sleep in morning. The thought gives me tremors. . .

This little girl, this little girl. Vanessa, Vanessa. 7 going on 19. She and I were inseperable during our 7ish (I've lost count) years in Phila. There is a 14-year difference beween us. But due to our need for each other, we never noticed it and shared everything like best friends.

Vanessa has been at university in Provo, UT for the last 2-years and this month she will be getting married. Next week actually! Yesterday we went to the temple with her and her mom, Ini. Incredible being together, the four of us, in there. Vanessa is so amazing! Very proud of her becoming&becoming&becoming. She will be my friend for the rest of my life (& thereafter) and I really look forward to that. So reassuring, to have such loyalty from someone who knows me so well and who still loves me (!) and who will continue to experience life with me. :) Our children will be playmates! It's good, a good thing.

Congratulations Vanessa and Andrew!!

Other news, Desi's bestbuddy Thomas is leaving NYC this weekend for a house&yard&better public schools in Princeton, NJ. Sounds quite lovely sometimes. . . love the idea of Princeton, even if it is in NJ. ;) My time hasn't come yet though and I'm content (er, perhaps I should say, "hasn't come again" as I've tried the house thing before and failed miserably at it in Philadelphia). But it is hard to see people go that you've become accustomed to and especially the combustive duo that Des and Thom were. Mara and I were endlessly pleased and surprised to see our children, at such a young age, find common interests and become so quickly affectionate and attached to each other. Mara has written about it in her blog, where she aptly notes their interests centered largely around consensual skirmishes and fists. Mara, I will miss our own sharing of ideas on all topics: literature, spirituality, politics, food, technology, film, etc, etc, etc. Love talking and laughing with you and sorry we never had the time to talk more and do all we'd talked about doing! Sushi! Anime! Anyway. . .

No comments: