Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Zoe's Birthday -- 1 year old

What a nice evening we had together! Des&Zoe stayed up 2 hours past their bedtime to par-tay! So they were pretty highstrung. But it was fun, it was exciting!! Des was sure happy to see Auntie Heidi and methinks that Zoe was esp. happy to see Chris, Heidi's boyfriend. I caught her snuggling with him, head on shoulder, after dinner. :)

Des loved that Zoe had no clue how to open presents or even what the hullabaloo was about. He aptly grabbed for packages and tore them open and even played with them like a pro! Zoe loved the ballons that Heidi and Chris brought.

Since Zoe didn't express any food prefences, I decided to stop by on my way home from work and get some Domincan take-out! I also defied my historical convention / food purity babe ideas and got her a cheese cake with full complements of sugar and gooey cherries on top. If Des was aware he would have protested, "that's not fair! at my 1-year old party you made me an unedible sugarless carrot cake!" I've become a little more flexible over the years.

Zoe received some nice additions to her footwear. For a babe she's got quite a selection, compliments of Robeez and generous aunts! I've become a one-shoe per season kind of girl. Zoe has already departed from the ways of her mother. What is it they say about mothers and daughters? ahhh.... don't tell me!

Lacing beads. A family project.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hmm... it seems you had a blast on your daughter's birthday. Well let me tell you that she is very very cute n cuddly . She is a total sweetheart. muaaaaaaaah!!