Friday, January 28, 2011

Desi Candor

"I am a mistake . . . I just said I was a MISTAKE!" (laughter)


Me: How was school?

Des: AMAZING!


Sometimes Des and Zoe like to pretend that Zoe is actually a little brother. She'll get dressed in his clothes and they'll be guys together. One afternoon while they were playing this game, Des was reclining in a chair and asked his little brother Zoe, “Can you be my footstool?”


Des held up a new animal he'd gotten for Christmas, "I think this is an African Rhino or a North Pole Rhino." I responded with an amazed, “How do you know these things?” He answered seriously, I read it in the Diarrhea . . . the Diarrhea? ..... I mean, the Dictionary."


“You’re my little sister, the only one I have, and I want you to last long in life so I can have a long life with you. I love you so much Zoe.” He said all this while standing in front of her, kissing his own hand.


While eating pizza happily, Des was observing Zoe and commented, “Wow! Did you see her? She ate that so fast! She’s feasting on knowledge!"


“Ewwwww! Your breath is hilariously stinky!”


"I love you mom, I love you almost as much as I love Zoe."


"Do I rock? I ROCK don’t I? Our family ROCKS!!"


"Do you know why I obey Jesus Christ?

Because I love him!"


"Mommy, I have a secret that I don’t want you to tell anybody . . . in real life I'm a really nice boy, but right now, I’m not so nice."


I pointed out on a early Saturday morning that Des and Zoe had awoken earlier than they usually do on weekdays for school (in which, of course, they are VERY sleepy and don’t want to wake up.) Des explained in defense, “That’s because we’d like to wake up ourselves, not a big construction of WAKE UP!”


While giving Desi a goodnight kiss, He drew back and said, “You smell like the airport.”


I asked Desi one morning, before he departed for school, how his room looked, he replied dramatically, "Destroyed, awful, experimental!"


"I love to be back scratched. Give me some scratch-backen'!"


.

2 comments:

Michael, Heidi, Eden, and Lyla said...

These are great! He still surprises me... I especially like the hand kissing! I hope Zoe gets some face time too. Hers are just as fun!

thegardencottagebnb said...

Such a funny boy!!!! So creative in his thought proces....Looove him!!!!