Sunday, January 04, 2009

Zoe en Voice

I was handing out spoons at breakfast time and Zoe objected, "No! I don't want this one – it's not wonderful to me."

After discussing with Zoe her middle names and the grandmothers she was named after, ZDKJ asked, "And where is my Heidi name?"

"Remember when we'd watch Star Trek and eat rootbeer?" We had a semi-regular tradition on Saturday nights in NYC to watch a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode and have pizza and rootbeer.

Nathan: Des I think we should call you Luscious.
DPJ: . . .
ZDKJ: Desi NOT Luscious!
Nathan: (deep laugh) Then who’s Luscious?
ZDKJ: (with attitude) Mommy is!

"Not me! My mouth did it!" After getting a few words because she spit her spaghetti out all over her lap.

I get that swaddling clothes baby in a manger!

While watching a television program with a woman in it she asks, "That woman nurse her baby, yeah?" I think she was trying to confirm her notion that all women are nursing mothers.

ok, ok, I be better, i be better. I be good!

I want to draw on some paper. Get me some paper please.

After cuddling a minute one night in my bed Zoe sat up and said, "Bye!" I asked her where she was going and she answered, "I'm going to my brother."

We were watching a program about monkeys and there was a cute little baby clinging to his mom. Zoe sighed and contentedly observed, "That baby happy with his mom and his dad. Happy!"

I'm scared from this food – there's snakes in there!" While looking at her bowl of spaghetti.

1 comment:

Michael, Heidi, Eden, and Lyla said...

These are always my favorite to read! :) Especially when I'm mentioned! Thanks for the laughs... It's clear to assume you never go a day without at least 10 of them! :) Give those babes a big hug and kiss from aunty heidi!