Monday, November 24, 2008

There was once this little baby -- juicy and yummy -- that came to me one morning on November 20th, 2003. We named him

Desmond Paul Jones.
He also goes by Des, Desi, Mr. D, Jonesboy, and Truly Scrumptious.

He was such a baby then, more baby than boy. Just baby – littlelittlelittleinfant. Our first. OH! How the love swirled, family all around us, rejoicing in this newperson. OUR BABY.

This blue-eyed, smile-lover has been with all of us for 5years now. Such a celebration. DPJ coaxed me for months on how he wanted it all to shake down. “Surprise me mom, when I wake up, go and hide and then jump out happy with a box!”

Oh, this boy, this boy. We took him to Pavlodar for a couple of days, stayed in a hotel with a nice hot shower (shower!), ate pizza and Turkish food, went and saw High School Musical 3 (songs and everything in Russian!), took him to a toy store where he picked out a Power Ranger Dinosaur Robot Guy (!?) and really had a fantastic time together. I love my family.


Waking up to a BIRTHDAY display -- a happy ballon ensemble
(Thank you suprise box from NYC friends! Those are your ballons&coloredpaper&Sharpiemarkers!)
with chocolate chip muffincake
(Thankyou Wellings à la Wikles!)


Going a bit crazy with the chocolate -- I also added cut up bits of dried apricots. YUM!



Early morning arrival in Pavlodar -- waiting at the frigid the bus station.


The pizza has arrived! It was sooooo good! (whew)


Our first and consistent friend Rosa, who now lives in Pav, joined us for dinner. It was perfect and they even had Howl’s Moving Castle playing on the nearby television. We felt right at home.

***

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Simkins for the soon to be opened BIRTHDAY BOX (it’s arrived and waiting for us in Astana – we’ll be there on Thursday!)


Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Jones for the BIRTHDAY CARD and all the loving emails. We smiled and smiled and smiled . . .

WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

2 comments:

M said...

Happy birthday Desi! When I first met your mommy, she was pregnant with you. So we got a chance to watch you grow for awhile. Mr T. still talks about you and what fun we had together in NYC. You're such a big boy now! Enjoy it!

Lynn said...

Heather - I love sneaking a peek at your blog while I'm at work and very overwhelmed, or bored, I'm not sure which. I usually tear up and have to close it for a minute :)

I recognized the colored paper, which I thought you would love, which is why I bought it for you and sharpie markers - actually they were sitting around my apt, but they needed to be put to good use!

I also love that you admit to having a hard time. I would be.