Wednesday, May 07, 2008

15 Years with Jones

Today is our 15th Wedding Anniversary!

F i f t e e n y e a r s .

When Nathan P. Jones walked into my life we knew within 6months that we wanted to get married (not so unique) but we didn’t get around to it for another 2years (I thought I was the most long-suffering fiancĂ©!) It was nathan’s mom who casually pulled out a calendar one day and flipped through it and pegged us down to a month and a day. She’s cool like that. As it turns out our babes were more long suffering as they waited 10years for us to grow up and decide it was time for them to join us. (love those babes in mylife!)

I am so grateful for my marriage and the way Nathan&I have grown together and the way we will continue to progress together. I feel that’s what the concept of eternal marriage teaches me the most: Progression. With Gods involvement we grow, we change, we improve and in the process our love and commitment deepens and our happiness together is more sure. I have a belief in my ability and Nathan’s ability to live this out and to become more like the type of person the other wants to be with eternally – it’s a way of living consciously with the decision we made long ago to be together and it steadies us when we need to remember.

6 comments:

Leila J said...

It is this wonderful marriage through which so many adventures have come into your life, are happening in your life and are to come into your life. Hooray for N&H!

SmithDish said...

Ahhh... I love your pic and words. Thanks for being such a great couple. Thank you Heath, for your steadfast example of faith, and love. Hope you had a wild "NAKE" night to celebrate 15!

Jessica said...

awww... you guys are so cute!

congrats on 15 years! -- Loved the post.

miss you guys :)

thegardencottagebnb said...

happyanniversarytoooooyouuuuuu
happyanniversarytoooooyouuuuuu
happyanniversaryheatherandnathannnn
happy15thanniversarytooooyouuuuu

Jones Family said...

lei
when i was a little girl, i wanted to grow up and get married. that's it -- it all starts with a bit of simplicity.

laurie
you are so sweet! (and you also know just how to embarrass me! ugh!)

jess
thanks! we miss you too. i was spending sometime on your blog recently. still planning on emailing!! want some ward details!!

mommy!!
hooorayy!! thanks for making an appearance!! i can hear you&daddy singing!! love you so much!! hope to find you popping up more in the comment section! xoxo

Miller Time!!! said...

Okay Heather, So, I am so in love with the person you are. Could you be more wonderful?! I mean..."Oh, my Heart!" "smile" I love you! You can't fake all this, I am so inspired and motivated by you. Miss Miss Miss you. wish that I could be so postive and wonderful. need to be near you more to have something rub off on me. So glad to have read some of your blog. so happy for you. love love love Lizzzzzzzzz