Sunday, April 15, 2007

Desi Candor IIIV

“Don’t sing that song ever again mom!” I had that Stevie Wonder “Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours” Motown tune going through my head and popping out in deep soulful sounds. I thought I sounded good so I asked him, “Why?” He replied, “Cause it’s killing me!” Hmph! My sisters all thought I was a great singer! ;)

I cozied up to Des one night on the couch to watch a little video with him. After a few minutes he shrugs me off and says, “Go to the kitchen, go do your work”.

During dinner one night he says, “I can’t take it anymore, I can’t take it anymore. Mom I can’t take another bite. I need a popsicle to cheer me up”

Des is into all kinds of vivid imaginary play, usually of the alpha male variety. Here’s a little exchange we had recently:

Des: A Heterodyne killed Zoe!
Me: Des we don’t play like that!
Des: A Heterodyne ate Zoe.
Me: Des…
Des: A Heterodyne put soap in Zoe’s eye?
Me: …

Des presented himself to me as a knight in full regalia: helmut, breastplate, (rain)boots, etc. I asked where his horse was. “My horsey got stuck in the garage,” he explained.

As we were walking by our neighborhood bakery, Des suggested we go in and get some muffins. I was surprised he wanted a muffin from a bakery, I can think of far better delicacies! So I tried to explain that I make muffins at home... Des interupted, “No you don’t. You just joke with muffins and laugh at them”.

Get me my toothbrush won’t you please. Thank you, mine Highness.

Des found a pre-marriage picture of Nate&I, which resulted in the following conversation:
Des: “Where’s Desi? Is he in mommy’s belly?”
Me: “No.”
Des: “Where is he?”
Me: “In heaven”
Des: “With God?”
Me: “Yes”
Des: Puts arm around me, “In God’s apartment? I was in God’s apartment loving Him and kissing Him with Zoe!”

This beverage you made for me is so fresh!

I’m going to put a pencil in my pocket. I’m a grown up. (
he puts it in the breast pocket of his shirt) They also have important papers. I need to get important papers that’s what grown ups do.

After putting a toy Desi&Zoe were fighting over in “time out” Des tried to rally a revolution with the following speech: “Lets try and dump that momma out! Lets try and dump that momma out with the garbage cans! Run run run for your lives!”

1 comment:

thegardencottagebnb said...

Grammy and Grampy LOVE to read these... he is sooooo cute!