Friday, September 22, 2006

Desi Candor VI

Desi and I were in the kitchen: I was fixing dinner, he was avoiding picking up toys in the living room. He said finally, “I’m gonna go see how my mess is doing.” He left and returned in 3seconds saying, “Its fine.” I wasn’t sure I heard him correctly and I asked him, “What did you say?” He looked at me sheepishly, “My mess is not fine.”

Sorry, maybe next time, bye-bye!

Mommy? I LOVE Daddy!!

I’m a marching band boy.

Mr. Jones drawed in my book!

Des was eating lunch and squishing it through his fingers and said at one point, “Really cool dude, crashin’ dudey!”

We were eating baked ziti the other night at home and remembering the last time we had it, a month ago, at our friends Kendra&Lexi’s apartment. Desi was remembering particular details like: eating it on a plate (that night we were eating it in a bowl) and playing with a couple of cows there on the table. Then he offers up this memory, “She has a wonderful sink!”

I’m a beautiful neighbor.

While taking the train home one evening Des shouts, “Mom! You’re a superhero!”

After finishing a joint effort of picking up toys in the living room and kitchen Des brushes his hands together and says, “Mommy, that was hard work to do.”

After placing a pretend crown on my head and his head, DPJ declares, “I’m gonna marry you!”

While digging through a box Desi finds a random toy and exclaims, “Oh! I’ve been looking all over for this toy!” He then promptly drops it and forgets about it.

No comments: