Friday, September 01, 2006

Desi Candor V

Desi’s new friend Thomas was over playing. Thomas held up his batman and said to Des, “I save bad people.” Des held up his Buzz Lightyear and replied, “I save happy people!”

I’m thirsty for my arm.

I wear my basketball jammajamma’s. I can play basketball with the guys!

“Johnny’s little babysister is a boy?” Des likes to engage in these conversations every once and awhile; going through family and friends and identifying gender and roles. I thought this little mix-up particularly cute.

“And here is the best shirt I’ve ever met!” Presenting his new superman action figure wearing a white poncho made from a wipe.

“Babyzoe want to live on the floor!” In protest to Vanessa picking Zoe up.

“What are you doing?” Desi asked Vanessa, she replied, “popping a zit.” Desi giggled, “that’s funny!”

“Hi Zoes! We’re family together!” I’d just told him he could hold her – it was the first thing he wanted to do when he woke up this morning.

Yes Mother.

Upon entering our building a young woman holds the door open for us to get babes and stroller through. I thank her and when she’d left I remarked to Desi how nice that girl was to help us. He replyed, “That’s a spicy girl”. I couldn’t get him to explain what he meant.

Super Zoe to the rescue!

In the park late one afternoon, Des held up a stick to me and said, "it's wood, our favorite breakfast"

No comments: