Monday, November 02, 2009

The Irony is . . .

After such a long, unblogger like silence the next time I post is to say, “previet” or “hello” because as I presently tap this keyboard (on my new laptop!) I am settled back into the country of Kazakhstan. The very one I saluted a farewell in my last post over 5months ago.

Oh, the funny timeline of blogging.

But we’ll get to that later. What I’d like to document first is the SUMMER OF MY DREAMS! 3months of peoplepeoplepeople. It was bounteous. I saw nearly everyone I wanted to see and spent a lot of time with my family – for good or bad as I was still reeling and recovering from the social isolation of the previous year and a half. It made me a little awkward, a little self-absorbed – perhaps even a little hard to be around.

Sorry.

Of course, there are picturespicturespictures and since my titanic expectations of a HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION have been realized (!!) I hope my blog will sparkle with more images. Well, that is, images from my cell phone. We’re a little camera challenged.

It feels good to be blogging again and I hope it will seem less like a tragic Charles Dickens or Thomas Hardy tale, as my sister-in-law put it after reading our last KZ coverage. She wept and couldn’t see for scrolling.

Sorry.

Lets get started . . .

When we landed the beginning of June, my sister Heidi drove us straight to her lovely place in Connecticut.

She made this her very own self. With love, lots of love!!

.DSC02150

My wonderful babes had their first bath in the USA!

!DSC02138

Just before my first shower, my sister Heidi and I posed for a pic. She literarly provided all needful things for us -- hot&cold running water, comfortable beds, gorgeous food (i couldn't stop staring at the contents of her fridge), a bag full of clothes for the babes (!), more food, shopping excursions, and a trip to the SPA for me. {All women should be able to spend a day at a SPA at least once in their lifetime. I mean it -- and I'm not the pampered type. ohmeohmy!} THANKS SISTER!

DSC02139

Our first meal was BBQ salmon -- I dreamed about it for months!

!DSC02153

We took a daytrip to NYC to see friends and our old neighborhood.

:::sniffle:::

DSC02178

Zoe hooked up with her old friend Emelia Fugal. It was sweet.

DSC02172

Des and Porter Brien couldn’t believe they were together again. It was bliss.

DSC02174


After a week in CT we hurried to meet our anxious family in UT!!

Oh, the HAPPINESS!!

DSC02199 DSC02202 DSC02206DSC02209


Once we settled ourselves in Cedar City we enjoyed all the normal things kids do . . .

scootering!!

DSC02222DSC02230

Bikeriding!! ohmyheart!!

DSC02227

Swimming lessons – it’s summertime!!IMG_1885 IMG_1886

Cooking in mymothers kitchen TOGETHER.IMG_1916

Campfires -- SuperAunties making a SuperMarshmallow stick!

DSC02291

All my sisters, thesuperaunties, were together for a few days . . .

This is Hailey

IMG_1925

This is Holly

IMG_1926

This is Heidi

IMG_1927

and this is Heather (me)

IMG_1928

{I mixed up the birth order, just for fun.}

Lots of garden time – we loved the garden!IMG_2044

Went to see (Great) Grandma Grace in SLC -- She'll be 101 years old this month.

DSC02348

Oh, and I turned 37 on July 4th.

DSC02554

Whew!

and that was just June!

I plan on fully indulging with more pics.

6 comments:

Miggy said...

Yay! You're back! In the blogosphere and back in KZ?? Can't wait to hear about this! Glad to see you and your family had a wonderful summer. Hugs.

merebuff said...

So happy to have a new post from you!! The summer pics looked so fun and so wonderful. I admire your courage to go back to KZ. Can't wait to hear more about the adventures!

Sara said...

looks like we're both back in the blogging saddle... but i have a feeling your adventures will be a bit more exciting... keep posting girl!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Hooray for High Speed! Hooray for a lovely summer! It was so nice to visit with you. Glad to see you back here too.

Amelia Hohl said...

Such fun to see photos of you and your family and NYC babies all grown up. You look beautiful. How long will you be in KZ this time?

Our family said...

I promise I'm going to respond to your emails. I just wanted to tell you I love you! I love the pictures and am so glad this excursion to KZ has started so much better than your last! Here's to hoping it continues beautifully!!! =D