Sunday, April 06, 2008

Zoe en Voice

Zoe funny!


"Stop it talking me Mom!" I was explaining to her why she couldn't have any treats after a dinner she didn't eat.


"Spiderman!" I returned from my first internet session here in Podsosnovo and upon entering the kitchen I saw little Zoe in Desi's Spiderman costume (!) then she did the little hand movement to shoot webs. Ha!



"Nikolai funny!" After playing peek-a-boo through the kitchen door.


Upon waking one morning, Zoe looked out the window and greeted the day by saying,

"My Russia!"


We had just returned from buying some milk which is sold in plastic bags, I was trying to transfer the milk into an empty water bottle and began spilling it all over the table&floor. Zoe, who was sitting right there, responded empathetically, "Oh-my-heart!"

After singing 'Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree' together, Zoe said "My favorite".


Upon waking too early in the morning Zoe comes to my bedside and says, "Hungry mom". She has never desired food like this before. She and Des have switched places he's become the indifferent one and she's the normal one.


Zoe always like's to take roll and confirm our relationships with each other. Over and over again she'll look around and point and say, "Daddy, Mommy, Desi, Zoe".


While playing one day she approached me in a panic saying, "Help, help mommy! Shark on me!" She's learning all kinds of interesting imaginary play from DPJ.


During breakfast preparations this morning, Zoe was hanging on the warm water pipes which run along one of the kitchen walls, and calls my attention to her trick, "Watch me mom, watch me Heather!" After this I ask her, "What's my name?" and she repeats it again (which is the first time she's called me by my name) and then, now curious, I ask her, "What's daddy's name?" She replied, "Tuna!" I asked her again, and she finally admitted, "Nathan".


Back at the dom, after dropping Desi off at school, Zoe was playing with a toy phone and said, "Hi Desi school! I love you Desi!"

5 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Those trees are so gorgeous all covered in ice!
Zoe's sure growing up! I remember when Lexi used to tell me to "stop talking" when I was telling her something she didn't want to hear.

Natasha said...

Wowee! Yes, those trees!! This is where you are?! It reminds me of my home town. We don't have sidewalks on many blocks & walk down the middle of the streets.
lotsaluv!

Natasha said...

o, one more thing...yaaay maclaren sroller still holding up through all your travels. & Cute-cutieZOES! She is spinning her very own spider webs! heh, heh!

SmithDish said...

Hey!, what the heck you little farm girl. I have been so concerned for you every day for the last month, finally I called your mom. I kept looking on your blog and nothing seemed to look different. Ihave now realized I just wasn't looking close enough. It was nice talking to your mom, I wish I hadn't said anything about the kids getting sick, (she had mentioned you and Nate were) there was a long pause. Darnit! I am such a Dits! somtimes. But she sounded good and read me the short bit about the lovely maggots you use the restroom with.:) Wow! I am so excited for you!!! It sounds so adventerous, you are so very brave and tuff! It is interesting, last night I just taught a quick art lesson to a peer tutoring group that is run through the city. I ended up chosing to tell them about the artist Marc Chagall. He was from a small rural village named Vitesbk. He painted a lot of paintings including images from his village, so from your discriptions and his paintings I feel like I can invision really well what your are describing. You need to post a picture of the whole house from the outside I want to see what the front door looks like! I love you, you crazy tuff lady. Wish I was sharing your food experience with you. I really hope that some day we can travel to great places together. Lov you friend. Take care our prayers are with you. Edward is looking pretty good in the pics they are posting:) Tell Nate good job on so much scrubbing and sanitizing!, tell Des, keep having spiderman strength! love love you. Laurie

Jones Family said...

kendra
i loved those trees -- we had them for two weeks and then the weather began to slowly warm. i never got that family picture i hoped for. . . lexi's such a spunk!! more lexism on the blog please!

tash
i love that you can relate to all this! canadians are so cool! yeah! i paid $80 to have my techno repaired and fortified for the journey and is holding up well. everyone hear thinks it's a lightweight though, their strollers have HUGH wheels and chaises to maneuver over all this snow

laurieb
you can totally email me so don’t think you’re off the hook. i love that you commented here and please keep doing so. you always make me laugh and i need that!! so now you need to find a new citymouse friend cause i’m country like you now (and lovin’ it)!!  anyway, sorry to worry you but all the evidence was right here on the blog – don’t you read it?! nate has consistently criticized be for the pictures i’ve been posting on the blog so he gave me a big “i told you so!” when i related what you said about checking and not being able to tell anything. whatever! happy to hear that art is continuing to be apart of life – email me more about this peer group and how often your teaching and who you’ll talk about next. modigliani!?! i have to lean on someone to send me the new edward book in august, want to step to the fore? mysisterheidi ,finally, reluctantly, with great dread&loathing, picked up the first volume and she’s gnashing her teeth and tearing her hair out and staying in her pajama’s on weekends and is completelyutterlyresentfully bitten! ha! the harder the fight the greater the fall! i’m eagerly awaiting her report on volumes 2&3 which, in my opinion, can only be positive.