Saturday, May 26, 2007

Small Thoughts on Forever

Spent some time away last month -- a quick little getaway to Vanessa and Andrew's wedding in Ohio. The suburbs are sure nice to visit. Glorious places. Andrews parents lived in a varitable meadow which, once leaving the car after a 14+hour trip, was the perfect place for me and I tumbled onto the sensible grass to gather and ground and shake off the blah of the cars motion. Love roadtrips but I'm not often in cars anymore so my head and body react painfully. Ahhh. . . the grass . . . once night fell, I was back out on it, secretly doing cartwheels and running around barefoot with a goofy smile on my face. Love that side of me.


Vanessa was a glorious bride.


Andrew was a charming groom.

Quite young and yet quite deliberate in their choices. They want to be with one another forever. I love how simple and how profound it can be to look at two young people and see them making such advanced decisions about their lives. Seeing the whole as best they can, leaving the rest to their faith and their commitment to each other, to grow together no matter how life plays out and to do all this under such solemn covenanent in the Temple. Can such young people comprehend so much? Who can comprehend it all? Because one can't does that mean one should stay where they are. . . afraid, unsure? It takes courage to live and to trust and to embark with your hopes on your sleeves and your heart in anothers hands. I salute them. I salute all couples who handle such delecate human matters with grace and gravity. We are here on earth to experience meaning through our interactions with each other. We cannot fully feel ours or anothers humanity/divinity without such reachings. These things are eternally significant.

2 comments:

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

your writing makes me think. i love that. thank you!

M said...

What a beautiful post. I got a little teary reading it. You make me want to be better all the time, woman. :)