Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthday girl Zoe

We took an overnight train to modernity over three weeks ago – a few days in Astana and then another 20hour train to Almaty. When Zoe’s birthday rolled around on

JAN 17th
we were able to show her a really good time.

PIZZA
MOVIE

TOY STORE SHOPPING SPREE
DINNER WITH FRIENDS
FANCY BIRTHDAY CAKE

It was a full day out and about the city – we stopped at the toy store first and she picked out a CAMEL. With bells. She’s into it.

Then I found her a magic wand for about $2 and she was transported – she spent the rest of the day waving it around and mumbling to herself and asking me over and over again what it was called.

A MAGIC WAND
and then she’d repeat it over&over&over again until she forgot.

Have I mentioned how much I love little girls?

I LOVE THEM!!!

MyZoe is now three!

3

I love looking into her chocolate brown eyes. They are so bright, so warm, so clear and open. They are friendly. They are familiar – my mother and sisters all have brown eyes. It’s perfect.

I love listening to her talk. Her lips expand and retract, her dimples sink and rise, her eyes roll from side to side – I always lean in, nearly in her face. I want to absorb what she’s telling me. I want to breath it. I utter hushed exclamations to keep her going. I always want more.


I love embracing her. She is the perfect little form to curl up with, to snuggle and hide with. She has this happy little giggle when you take her into your arms. Ohhhh . . . she is delicious to me!


I’m such a big girl now I’ll share my magicwand with my brother!


A magicwand and a carousel – what a happy birthday combination!
I think she was hoping for a little Mary Poppins magic.

Strolling with Dad on the streets of Almaty.
Nathan is carrying all her birthday loot and the cake!!

Standing in front of the toystore where she scored BIG!
She doesn’t really expect a lot (yet).

The brown eyes I LOVE!


Taking a little birthday girl beauty snooze.
If you rest this way, all the special treatment won’t go to your head.

Pulling out the cake after a yummy dinner at the Vincent’s apartment. Des told her it was a Spiderman web cake – she thought that was cool.
(Actually, the cake wasn’t nearly as yummy as Sister Vincent’s apple crisp!)

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness, those lashes are to die for! She is beautiful. Sorry, I haven't been to visit your blog in a while. Your whole family is beautiful!

Michael, Heidi, Eden, and Lyla said...

Oh my goodness! It looks like she had such a wonderful birthday-- (can we pretend I hadn't forgotten it). My ranking just went to the bottom of the bottom.. I know. :( Well happy birthday sweet big girl Zoe! It looked magical just like you!! :)
Big Hugs and kisses!!!

Andrea, the little collector said...

How wonderful. What a magical day! Happy Birthday to Zoe!!

Chris said...

Cute! Ok. so. If you read all the comments on recent t.a.s. posts... you might find one from me! =)

-E