Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random beautiful


I have this friend in NYC, she works at this swanky bakery on the upperwest side. She speaks French and she LOVES literature. I like that about her.

Her name is Meredith. Isn't that such a lovely name? I love how saying it uses my whole mouth – all these exquisite sounds.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting about her (hope it's ok, Mere) is because I received an email from her this week telling me that she's received a job offer outside of the city and she's decided to take it.
Here's the random beautiful math:


a single white female
+
who is mormon
+
takes new job in a bakery
+
in Beirut, Lebanon

are you gasping for air yet –

BEIRUT, LEBANON!

She's going to move there to work in a cupcake bakery.

Isn't that the random-est, cool-est, beautiful-est thing you've ever heard? [She nearly trumps Obama.]

Hat's off to you Cherie!
Vive Beirut!

2 comments:

Alice said...

That's so wild. Now you have an excuse to go visit.

merebuff said...

Thanks Heather! That post was so sweet. I am blushing a little. I like what alice said...you should come for a visit!