Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Desi Candor

While pretending: “I’m new. Shake my hand. I crawled out of the wall. Glad to meet you.”

Zoe when we grow up to be real people we’ll be married and you’ll be my wife and I’ll be your . . . FATHER and we’ll have lots of children. Sometimes you can visit my apartment too. Do you want to visit my apartment Zoes? When I’m five you can come to my apartment.

“Does she love me? Does grandmaGrace love me mom?” While looking at pics of our visit last November (’07). My grandmother turns 100yearsold next month! We love you grandmaGrace!

I like seeing Zoe do lots of kinds of funny things.

While kicking wildly and making sharp movements with his arms, Des called out, “Do you see? Am I like tofu mom?” He meant Kung Fu.

You know what I’m thinking about? [Pause] Oh! I need to think about it . . . [Long pause] Ok, I thought about it . . . [In an very mysterious voice] Secrets for everybody in this whole land and the New Yorkans!

Are you happy I gave you a kiss?

My fingers are pretty.

Tomorrow I’m going to learn not to do bad things.

Mom? Can you come to my bed and cuddle and talk about what we’ll do when we get back to New York and Heidi’s place?

“It’s evil that you make me try! I hate it!” On being required to practice wiping his own bum.

Zoe loves me!

I didn’t fall asleep last night – I laid down and transformed.

Are the Holy Ghost and God ever funny?

Is Grandpa as old as this matchbox?

I want to go back to New York tomorrow!

Des: I’m funny right?
Zoe: No! No way Jose!

I don’t know how in the world I got peepee on my pants.

Am I pretty Zoe?

I handed a napkin to Des and directed him to please wipe his ‘mouth’. When I looked over a minute later I found he’d put the napkin inside his mouth and was solemnly wiping it out.

During another bathroom independence session: “No!I don’t want to be like Oliver, he wipes his own bum. I don’t want to wipe my own bum! YOU DO IT!”

I hate when you say ‘NO’. I hate that cute voice.

After a halfhearted attempt to eat DPJ announced,”I’m done with my gas. Food is my gas.”

“Heidi is the one who loves us best!” While chanting and walking around in circles with Zoe.

Mom? Do you know what my earth would be like? STRAWBERRIES AND MANGOES.

“Well, I don’t see how we can make it better if we can’t use superglue.” He’d torn or broken something, which I can’t remember anymore, that couldn’t possibly have been mended with superglue. He’s of the opinion that superglue is the magic-fixer.

“I was nice and hard working – it was great! I had sweat.” After making a half-dozen superhero collages.

After a little gas escaped his rear-end Des observed, “It sounds like a helicopter.”

Desmond said, in dependable bigbrother fashion on the first day of pottytraining Zoe, “I’m the one who watches over Zoe to make sure she doesn’t poop everywhere.”

Why didn’t Heidi come with us to Russia?

I’m a lovely work of art, right? Or is Jesus a lovely work of art?

5 comments:

vdg family said...

I love the funny things your kids say--I laughed and laughed. Hope your ankle is doing well. :)

Michael, Heidi, Eden, and Lyla said...

Oh--- I love that they love me almost as much as I love them! :) I miss those "babes"... give them lots of kiss's for me! Oh.. and I'm still waiting for a detailed version of the ankle popping- oh and a good time to attempt a call to you! I want to talk!!!!

Michael, Heidi, Eden, and Lyla said...

Oh--- I love that they love me almost as much as I love them! :) I miss those "babes"... give them lots of kiss's for me! Oh.. and I'm still waiting for a detailed version of the ankle popping- oh and a good time to attempt a call to you! I want to talk!!!!

Andrew, Vanessa & Jackson said...

They are too funny!! And cute!! I hope my babe can be as cute as yours. How's your ankle?? I'm so sorry that happened. I miss all of you terribly. How come you haven't responded to my e-mails? Anyway, I love you!! And thanks for the comment. It's just tough since I've never been this size before... haha. Give luvs to everyone!!!

Andrea, the little collector said...

Oh my goodness, Desmond is hysterical. I am so glad you write these things down to give us all something to laugh at! I don't even know where to begin in trying to choose the funniest! What an adventure raising this one.