Monday, October 23, 2006

Desi Candor VII

He's been speaking unforgettable things at a fast clip these last few weeks. So much laughter!

With the crib tent now gone, Des rises when he wants and tries to recruit playmates. On a recent morning, too tired to move, I tried to coax him to come cuddle. His reply was, "No. I have my own bed."

“Magnet guy is stuck – his powers are broken!” Our can opener became a favorite plaything for a week, he said this when it had gotten lodged between some folded chairs in the kitchen.

“Jesus! Hi Jesus! I’m Desi and I love you!” While looking at a picture of Jesus Christ.

After a morning bath, I sent Desi into the living room with his towel, clothes and diaper while I got Zoe dried off first. When I entered the living room, I saw Des there with his rain boots on and nothing else saying to me, “I’m a naked boot guy!!”

"Mommy? Can you open the door for us? Can we get out!?" I heard this through the closed bedroom door one morning. It struck me that it was the first time, I could remember, that he spoke for Zoe and used “us” and “we”.

While getting seated in his high chair one evening Des says, “We’re at Mommy’s restaurant”.

Des enthusiastically approached me saying, “Hey everybody! I’m a kazoo!” then he gave a big blow on the little kazoo in his mouth, “Thank you for all mine heart!”

Hello little lady!

I’m doing hip-cups while I’m reading.

I was showing Desi one night how full my belly was after dinner and he smiled and asked, “Do you have another baby in your tummy?”

Mommy, can I watch the superhero video? Pleeeeeeaaase? You’re a nice girl... Please!

While looking in the mirror, Des said to his reflection, “I’m Desi and I love you!”

I explained one afternoon about my wedding ring and after listening carefully Des said, “When I grow up to be a girl, a guy gonna marry me and give me a ring! Yippie” and began to prance around the apartment shouting over and over again, "Yippie!”

Without fail now, while eating dinner together, DPJ will ask me, “Mommy? What you do at work today?” He loves to hear my work stories – it’s so cute. Even on the weekends and my (1) day-off during the week, when I’ve spent every moment with him, he’ll ask me.

Mommy? Dadda was eaten by an angry bear last night. Poor Dada.

Last Sunday morning after getting all dressed up in his finery Desi declares, “Excuse me everybody! I’m a church boy!”

Zoe I love you. I’ll keep you forever!

As I placed some avocado’s on Desi’s tray, he sang out in a happy voice, “Avocados! These are my favorite!!” Then he placed them in his mouth and immediately spit them out, “Yuck!” It was then I realized that they weren’t quite ripe enough. Ha!

Tonight, for some reason, I referred to Des as “My Pet”. I’ve never called him that before. He screwed up his face and said, “What Pet? What you talking about pet!? I’m a pet! I’m a pet?”

“Here’s spaghetti, you should eat it.” He said this to Zoe after putting some long shoelaces on her highchair tray.

Des was undressing for his bath and got as far a taking his shirt off then was briefly distracted by something else. When he took up the task again, he looked a bit confused and asked me urgently, “Where did my shorts go? Mommy, where are my shorts?” I asked him what shorts. “The shorts I was wearing at breakfast time, those shorts.” I responded, “Honey, I think you’re still wearing them.” He looked down and saw them still on his body and began to laugh at himself.

Hi Zoe! You’re a cute baby.

No comments: